ROCK MORTGAGE – Certified Lender
MHDC – Missouri Housing Development Commissions
HIGHLIGHTS of the Program – MHDC is a state housing finance agency and they first time homebuyers the opportunity to own a home.
- CAP (Cash Assistance Payment) Provides cash assistance to first-time homebuyers for down payment and closing cost. 4.5% of the first mortgage amount.Program has income limits and restrictions. The 4.5% CAP is a grant
- Program has purchase price limits
- Properties can be single family residence, duplex, townhouse, manufactured home on permanent foundation
- Mortgage Credit Certificate – Converts a portion of the mortgage interest paid by the borrower into a non-refundable federal tax credit (Certain restrictions will apply and the maximum allowable credit in a year is $2,000.00.)
Beyond Housing’s Homeownership Center is helping make the dream of homeownership a reality for families in St. Louis and surrounding areas. They assist current and prospective homeowners throughout the St. Louis region in their efforts to acquire and maintain their homes. Their educational workshops, one-on-one personalized services, and other services are designed to help families and individuals build and maintain wealth through savings and equity in their homes.
- Education and Counseling required
- Down payment and closing cost assistance; amount varies per location / county
- Foreclosure intervention Program
- Certain restrictions will apply